Paleo Chocolate Chips Cookies (gluten free, high fibre, high 'healthy' fat, no refined sugar)
Macros: 124 Cal, 9 Carbs, 10 Fat, 2 Protein, 5 Sugar, 3 Fibre 3
- 1 cup of coconut flour (you can find this at almost any health food store)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 3 tbs of raw honey (I substitute with Agave, which changes the macros slightly)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP Sugar Free Caramel Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the honey and coconut oil together in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- In a large bowl mix together the coconut oil, raw honey, eggs, vanilla extract, caramel syrup and sea salt.
- Stir in the coconut flour, shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Line and baking sheet with parchment paper and roll out little tbs size balls of cookie dough. Place on the baking sheet and gently press down
- Bake for 12-15 or until golden brown.
- Do not over-bake! Coconut flour is quite tricky to work with … it takes some time to get the hang of it but it's so worth it - it has a distinct, rich, delicious nutty flavour and is high in fibre!