If you're thinking this is a bit too high in calories or fat, substitute peanut butter for PB2.
Avocado is excellent at helping the body absorb calcium - and calcium is best absorbed at night! The high fat content of the smoothie is ideal for bed-time. There are tons of benefits to this delicious treat - including 37 whopping grams of protein! Enjoy!
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1 TBSP Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut/Almond Milk (carton)
- 1/2 Scoop Chocolate Protein
- 1/2 Cup Liquid Egg White (The pasteurized kind - it's safe, I promise)
- 2 TBSP Unsweetened Coco
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 2 TBSP Stevia
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- *Dash of cinnamon if desired - I love cinnamon!
- Heat coconut milk and water (stove or microwave) and put in blender
- Add everything except for the liquid eggs
- Turn blender on low
- Slowly add egg whites while blending
- Blend until frothy
If your blender isn't heat friendly (like the Vitamix Blender is), heat ingredients in a pot, whisking constantly (puree avocado first).
Do not use a microwave - the eggs will cook and you'll end up with a foamy weird mass in your hot chocolate!
This recipe isn't as authentic as my Protein Hot Chocolate because it's quite thick! It's almost like melted and heated ice cream batter (quite similar to my protein ice cream batter, actually!) Still, I didn't end up making an "emergency peanut butter sandwich" and regretting a late-night carb binge :)