Sunday, April 28, 2013

Queen Elizabeth Protein Truffles


Queen Elizabeth Protein Truffles




This weekend I did a 9 hour TRX suspension training course. Of course, my main concern was when I would be able to eat, so I made these energy-packed protein snacks! They're higher in carbs and sugar than my regular recipes... so I still consider them a treat... but they're such a wonderfully healthy alternative! Plus, they're absolutely phenomenal!


85 Grams Dates (I used Deglet Noor Dates)
Sitting on the grass, eating some protein snacks :D
1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein (or more)
3 TBSP Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1-2 TBSP Coconut Flour (depending on the size of protein scoop used)
*Optional Walnuts
Dark Chocolate for coating (could substitute for shredded coconut, coconut flour, almond flour, etc)


- Let dates soak in 1/4 cup water for a few hours or until softened
- In a food processor or high powered blender, puree dates
- Transfer into a small bowl
- Mix in dry ingredients. Initially, this will seem impossible. Keep mixing until your batter is a sticky consistency. I try to pack as much protein as I can into the batter, which may or may not exceed 1 scoop (scoop sizes vary between brands). Try to add as much protein as you can so that your batter is sticky but not so sticky that it's excessively difficult to roll into balls.
- In a double broiler melt chocolate
- Coat wax paper with non-stick spray
- Roll batter into balls
- Roll each ball in melted chocolate and place on waxed paper
- Let cool

No comments:

Post a Comment