Dark Chocolate Protein Truffle
These are so deliciously rich and chocolatey. Even the Picky-Eater can't believe how decadent they are!
Dark Chocolate Protein Truffles
1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein
5 TBSP Unsweetened Coco Powder
2 TBSP Almond Flour
Dark Chocolate for coating (could substitute for shredded coconut, coco powder, coconut flour, almond flour, etc)
- Let dates soak in 1/4 cup water for a few hours or until softened
- In a food processor or high powered blender, puree dates
- Transfer into a small bowl
- Mix in dry ingredients. Initially, this will seem impossible. Keep mixing until your batter is a sticky consistency. I try to pack as much protein as I can into the batter, which may or may not exceed 1 scoop (scoop sizes vary between brands). Try to add as much protein as you can so that your batter is sticky but not so sticky that it's excessively difficult to roll into balls.
- In a double broiler melt chocolate
- Coat wax paper with non-stick spray
- Roll batter into balls
- Roll each ball in melted chocolate and place on waxed paper
- Let cool