Lazy Gal's Pad Thai
Cals 302, Carbs 14, Fat 13, Protein 32, Sugar 2, Fiber 13
Tonight's dinner involved, what I call, fridge diving! Go into the fridge, see what you can throw together and voila! Nothing fancy, just throwing some ingredients and spices together in a pan :D As with many of my recipes, this is another 'create your own adventure' meal. The macros are based on tonight's creation but feel free to get creative! Sometimes I throw in some egg whites, crushed peanuts, extra nut butter, butternut squash or any other vegetables I have laying around.
Here are a few things I rummaged up:
- 1 1/2 TBSP Natural Nut Butter - Peanut or Peanut/Coconut work best (more or less, depending on your nutritional needs. Of course, the more the better!)
- Two Packages of Shiritaki Noodles
- 4 Oz Protein (Shrimp, Chicken and Tofu work best)
- Desired vegetables (I've tried red pepper, bok choy, butternut squash and eggplant. Be creative!)
Spices and Sauces All to Taste:
- A few dashes of liquid aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 TBSP or Walden Farms Ketchup (or real ketchup) - It works, I swear.
- Club House Thai Spice
- Chilli Flakes
- Fish Sauce
- Garlic (TONS!)
- Cilantro (fresh is much better)
- Dash of lemon/lime juice
Cook protein of choice in a large frying pan with water
Drain and rinse noodles
Add to pan
Make sure there is always a bit of water in the pan (or habanero EVOO - SO GOOD!)
Add remaining ingredients to the pain
Adjust spices to taste
Cook on low until nut butter melts and coats noodles.
Eat :D !