Single-Serving "Carat" Cake
Cals 256, Carbs 18, Fat 9, Protein 30, Sugar 5, Fiber 10
Move over, protein bars! There's a new snack in town! Unlike protein bars, which tend to be rather nutritionally void (protein content aside) and don't really do much for your hunger, these little gems are packed with nutrients, fibre, healthy fats, protein and they're ridiculously filling! I'm fairly certain that if my close friends were asked to describe me in a few words, it would be along the lines of "insatiably hungry". These little powerhouse cakes actually keep me full for a few hours! It's a miracle!
2 TBSP Ground Flax Meal
1 TBSP Coconut Flour
1/4 Cup Pumpkin
10 grams Vanilla Whey protein (approximately 1/3 to 1/4 scoop)
2 TBSP Stevia
1/2 TSP Cinnamon
A few dashes of ginger and nutmeg
1/2 TSP Maple Extract
1/2 TSP Baking Powder
1 TBSP Light Cream Cheese
1 Oz Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
10 grams Vanilla Whey Protein (approximately 1/3 to 1/4 scoop)
1/2 TBSP Stevia
Dash of mascarpone vanilla *optional*
- In a small dish, mix "Cake" ingredients
- Spray 4 1/2 inch ramekin with non-stick spray
- Put half of the cake batter into the ramekin (pat it down flat)
- Microwave for 1 minute
- Continue to microwave at 10 second internals until the top of the muffin is no longer tacky/sticky
- Flip Ramekin upside down on a plate, allow muffin to cool
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- While cakes are cooling, mix 'icing' ingredients
- Continue mixing until icing-like texture is achieved.
- Once cooled, ice the cakes.
Nutritional information is based on two cakes. 1 serving = two cakes.