Coconut Cream Proatmeal
1/2 Cup Steel Cut Oats
2 TBSP Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 Small Banana, mashed
1/2 TBSP Coconut Oil (add more for a stronger coconut flavour)
1/2 Cup Liquid Egg
Sweetener to taste
- Cook Steel cut oats as directed on the package
- In a small frying pan sauté banana and shredded coconut with coconut oil and sweetener
- When oats have finished cooking as directed, stir in banana coconut mixture
- Reduce temperature, slowly stir liquid eggs into oats (if you do this too quickly, you'll end up with scrambled eggs in your oats)
- Stir Constantly until mixture begins to thicken
- Enjoy :)
For more protein, add 1/2 to 1 full scoop of vanilla whey protein at the end of the recipe.
For less carbs, use 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 to 1/2 cup liquid egg.