Protein Peanut Butter Cups
The inspiration for this recipe came to me after I ate a Quest PB cup… and was entirely disappointed. I thought to myself, surely there must be a better way… and I was right :) I WAS SO RIGHT.
The measurements and PB cups yielded from this recipe can vary.
There's a lot of room for variation with this recipe. I modify it depending on my activity level, goals, current dietary needs, etc. You can lower the fat content and calories by using less peanut butter and using more almond milk. You can bump the calories by adding more peanut butter and less almond milk. The PB cup in the picture was one with less peanut butter, lower calories. The PB cups have a more authentic texture and taste when the fat content is higher. But basically, you mash 4 things together and coat it with chocolate…. AND ITS DELICIOUS.
1 Cup Vanilla Whey Protein
2/3 Natural Peanut Butter
3/4 Unsweetened Almond Milk
Salt to taste
Dark Chocolate (enough to coat)
Medium sized muffin liners
- Mix ingredients together until smooth
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler
- Line muffin tin with liners
- Place a generous amount of melted chocolate on the bottom of each liner -- enough to cover the bottom.
- Form patties out of batter, of equal size to the muffin liners.
- Place a patty in each liner, on top of melted chocolate
- Cover patties with remaining chocolate
- Let sit
These freeze really well! I like to make a gigantic batch, freeze them… and thaw a few at a time. It keeps my cravings at bay!