Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
OH MY GAWD -- THEY'RE SO DECADENT.
1 Cup Whey Protein (Preferably chocolate, but vanilla will suffice)
1/4 cup and 2 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2/3 Cup Natural Hazelnut Butter*
3/4 Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
Medium Sized Muffin Liners
Extra Dark chocolate -- enough to coat!
- Mix ingredients together until smooth
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler
- Line muffin tin with liners
- Place a generous amount of melted chocolate on the bottom of each liner -- enough to cover the bottom.
- Spoon desired amount of batter into each muffin liner, on top of melted chocolate (amount can vary depending on how thick you prefer them).
- Cover batter with remaining chocolate
- Let sit
These freeze really well! I like to make a gigantic batch, freeze them… and thaw a few at a time. It keeps my cravings at bay!
*If you can't find natural hazelnut butter, you can make your own or substitute with almond butter and 1/2 TBSP - 1 TBSP Hazelnut Extract