Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Proatmeal Cookies

Proatmeal Cookies




If you've ever attempted protein cookies you probably know... they never work. They always end up tasting like treacherous little bricks of chemical foam. Although these are a little "cakeier" than I prefer my cookies to be (I know some people make their cookies cake-like), they taste delicious and are the best approximation of a protein cookie I've experienced.


1 Cup Oats
1/4 Cup Almond Flour
1 TBSP Cinnamon
Pinch of Sea Salt
1 TBSP Butter Extract
1/2 TBSP Vanilla Extract
1/2 TBSP Stevia
2 Whole Eggs
1/2 Cup Egg Whites
3/4 Cup Vanilla *Casein Protein
1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
Extras: chopped dates, raisins, walnuts, dark chocolate chips, etc (desired amount - I used chopped dates)

- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix ingredients
- Coat parchment paper with non-stick spray and place on cookie sheet
- Form approximately 12-20 evenly divided cookies
- Bake for 9-10 minutes

Enjoy!

*Do not substitute casein for whey!

1 comment:

  1. I think my wife, being a cookie lover, will love this! I'm definitely going to try this one. This looks like a great alternative to what we usually consume - protein bars . Thanks, Rhea, for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete